Below is a summary of the main points of each presentation.
Disease: (By Uighur)
- Help people change their life conditions such as getting access to clean water
- .Education about infectious diseases
- Donate money for vaccinations.
- "Don't give fish but teach how to fish"
- Make drugs such as drugs to treat Aids cheaper
- People should change their lifestyle to prevent health problems (no overeating, etc,)
Weapons and War: (by the Philippines)
Main point of the presentation
There are many wars going on even today.
Ex. Only in Africa there are more than 10 wars.
8 international wars and 25 civil wars in 2005
One problem that results from these wars is land mines
About 2000 people are killed or injured by landmines every month.
It is difficult to remove landmines because it is dangerous and expensive.
Fact:Between China and Vietnam there are 2 million land mines
What can be done?
- Monetary support for removing mines (Opposite opinion - giving money is not good because they might use the money for other military affairs. )
- Find the landmines and mark them
- Don't make new landmines
- Government should persuade countries with landmines to join the Ottawa Treaty
- United Nations has the removing mines project and we can give monetary support to the United Nations. It is better than giving it to some government.