1. Compare country profiles: When you do not know a word, ask the speaker the meaning and write it down.
- Questions that you can answer as a group:
- Which country has the most natural resources?
- Which country has the most serious envirnonmental issues?
- Which country has the most ethnically diverse population?
- Which country has the lowest/highest infant mortality rate and life expectancy?
- Which country has the most languages?
- What other interesting comparisons can you make between the countries
- Make a list of words that you learned during the country comparison. From the list, choose 5 words that you think are essential for your group and you would like to learn.
- Group Philippines: monsoon, coral reef degradation, land, sub-arctic, tundra
- Group Russia: petroleum, copper, deforestation, republic, Moscow
- Group France: Uranium, Gross Domestic Product (GDP), French, air pollution, life expectancy
- Uyghur, China: pollution, republic, deforestation, infant mortality rate, Mandarin
- Pakistan: infant mortality rate, literacy, acid rain, deforestation, industrial waste
- Think about what questions about the information from the country comparisons you would like to ask your guest.
2. Categorize the data you have collected.
3. Contact your guest and give them the data that you have collected by next week.
For next time, please do the following:
1) Think of categories for the responses.
2) Write the categories into the file that JH will send the computer supervisor (係）
3) Send JH the new file by Tuesday, June 9.