I. As a group, please make a mind map based on the data you collected. In the center of the mind map should be an image of your country and then you should have an image of each category. Also, somewhere in your mind map I think it would be good if you could include some basic information about the country. See the data here.
Here is a sample mind map of a country from last year.
Categories: Food, Geography, Artifact, Sports, Color, Plant/Animal, Image
Categories: Culture, Disaster, Event, Food, Person, Personality, Policy, Society
II. Unfortunately, I have not received the completed data from 3 groups. For the next MMCE, I would like you to do the following:
- Please contact your guest THIS WEEK and arrange to give them the categorized and sorted data . Please tell them that you would like them to speak for about 5 minutes about the following:
- Which responses that people wrote about your region/country are you proud of?
- Is there anything written that you think is not completely true or wrong? If so, which responses?
- Is their anything you would like to say about your region/ country that has not been written? If so, what would you like to say?
- Please arrange to meet your guest again BEFORE MMCE on June 17 and escort him/her to the MMCE room (rm.405).
Below is the tentative plan for Day 1 of our Discussion:
10:30 ~ 10:35: Intro by JH
10:35 ~ 10:45: Mind Map Gallery Viewing
10:45 ~ 10:55 : Ice Breaking
10:55 ~ 12:00 Guest Presentations (5 minutes presentation + 5 minutes question and answer)
Each group, while your guest is speaking, please take notes. As a group, please summarize what your guest said and e-mail it to JH by Monday, June 15. I will post it on the blog so others can read it.
Each group is responsible for asking its guest a question during the question and answer period.
Here is the completed data that I have:
Photos of last year's presentations: